UK: [ME/CFS] Researcher Toolkit

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Andy, May 29, 2024.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

A new toolkit designed to help enhance research into Myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) through funding has been made available for download with the support of the Chief Scientist Office (CSO)

After the establishment of a UK Clinical Research Collaboration (UKCRC) working group on ME/CFS, government funders of research in this area, academic researchers, persons with lived experience of ME/CFS and carers came together to develop the researcher toolkit [PDF document].

However, the [Priority Setting] Partnership – run by a steering group that represents many different organisations involved in ME/CFS advocacy, care and researchnow believes the toolkit could help to kickstart progress by signposting resources to support the development of high-quality funding applications.

The toolkit illustrates existing funding streams for ME/CFS research, setting out:

• UK government research funding opportunities
    • Support that is available for researchers to help with their applications
    • Guides to embedding patient and public involvement
    • Resources on developing high quality proposals
    The toolkit section of the Partnership website further offers:

• Information on charity funding opportunities
    • Information on how to get involved in research for people with lived experience of ME
    https://www.nhsresearchscotland.org...-cfs-researchers-target-funding-opportunities

Peter Trewhitt, alktipping and Comet like this.