UK study - Glasgow - CISCO-21 study of exercise for Long Covid

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by rvallee, Apr 20, 2022.

1. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2022
    Hutan, MEMarge, Ariel and 1 other person like this.
  2. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

alktipping, Hutan, MEMarge and 2 others like this.
  3. rvallee

The class action lawsuits were already guaranteed to be huge. They will be so much huger, just straight up gigantic. Just straight up seize all the budgets for psychosomatic medicine for the next century and use it to repair the catastrophic harm they caused, and fire everyone involved, not a single thing of value would be lost.

There is no basis to recommend GET for LC, none whatsoever. This recommendation is based on applying to LC what is now advised not to recommend for ME (in the UK anyway). So many long haulers will have been harmed because of harmful advice that should never have been given about ME and was mindlessly applied to LC, even though it was all debunked and never had any basis to recommend in the first place. Despite clear warnings not to recommend this. It could not be any clearer, and still here we are.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1516834240390135808

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
    BrightCandle, RedFox, Hutan and 7 others like this.
  4. Sid

Sid Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It’s really scary and demoralising seeing GET vultures getting their claws into another patient group. No amount of debunking of bad research seems to stop the BPS juggernaut. They just use a different name for the same illness and continue as if nothing has happened.

alktipping, Lilas, Ariel and 5 others like this.
  5. Amw66

The UWS study ( link in earlier post) has been active on social media looking for participants .
    No 2 day CPET ( UWS sports science can do these) . Response on Twitter with copy of participant info
    https://twitter.com/user/status/1568117490055581696

I've asked for confirmation as to which " validated questionnaires" they are using .

Lilas, Ariel, NelliePledge and 3 others like this.
  6. kilfinnan

kilfinnan Established Member (Voting Rights)

I was involved. I thought that the questionnaire was completely inappropriate.

If I had known that questions about shopping carrier bags would be involved I wouldn't have taken part.

I think in modern parlance, 'mugged off' would sum up my feelings.

The questionnaire was completed on an app which then closed on completion.

alktipping, Lilas, RedFox and 3 others like this.
  7. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Is it too late to ask to withdraw from the study and to have your data removed?

alktipping, Lilas, RedFox and 2 others like this.
  8. Amw66

Ravn likes this.
  9. kilfinnan

I'm not sure. I had a number of back and forward emails to the Doctor who dealt with me after first opening the app..

I had the choice, I completed the app. 12 different sections. I was disgusted when I finished it and understood the extent they were going with anxiety etc. Also as a person with ME - 10 years - my answers would have been completely different at various stages.

I wrote again to her. Expressing my unhappiness. I also looked up Prof Sculthorpe. I listened to a talk he gave to a Long Covid activist. In no part of the podcast did he mention somatic. Yet the group I was part of, 50% of the test involved questions about 'feelings'. And 75% of the app consisted of 'feelings'. It doesn't all add up.

When this study was posted on his board in January, there were assurances that the study wouldn't involve 'bags of shopping' . But it did. I'm really angry about it.

Ravn, alktipping, Lilas and 3 others like this.
  10. Amw66

11. kilfinnan

When discussing the trial initially via zoom. I said that a tilt test would be useful. I was told that they couldn't access one. In the lab where the ultrasound took place there was a tilt table on the wall in the corner.

I didn't get the ultrasound of my heart only on the arm. The explanation for that was the person who did the heart ultrasound hadn't turned up that day, which I thought amateurish.

RedFox, Ravn and alktipping like this.
  12. rvallee

Seems like Jo Daniels may have found an outlet for her awful sorry-excuse-for-a-study, maybe?

Ravn and alktipping like this.