Website - Long Covid: The Answers

Discussion in 'Resources' started by shak8, Jul 13, 2024 at 10:11 PM.

1. shak8

shak8 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://longcovidtheanswers.com/
    for clinicians, and for people suffering from long covid.

(Background about the website on TWIV microbe TV by Dr. Daniel Griffin. July 13, 2024, episode 1130.
    At 13 minutes in to 31 minutes.)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2024 at 12:36 AM
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I've had a quick look at a few pages on this website. It seems to be run by a doctor and some people with Long Covid.

For example:
    The information on PEM is OK, with links to some resources on pacing.

The section on apheresis says there isn't good evidence to support its use for Long Covid

The section on POTS is pretty much the usual stuff we see with recommendations of exercise if you don't have PEM or a heart condition, increasing salt and fluids if you don't have high BP, and seeing a doctor. They reference the POTS UK website.

Some sections are incomplete, I guess they are still adding stuff, for example the heading for sensory sensitivities didn't lead to any text.

3. Eleanor

Eleanor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I found it hard to navigate - it's cluttered and visually overwhelming with a lot of irrelevant pictures and repetitions. Might be more useful for people who don't get brain fog! Relatives and friends of patients maybe.

alktipping, shak8, oldtimer and 5 others like this.
  4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I agree. I did find in tiny text the option of a low stimulus version, but that still has lots of irrelevant pictures.

Eleanor, alktipping, shak8 and 6 others like this.
  5. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There's a podcast connected to the website: LONG COVID the answers. First two episodes are out and are with immunology professor Danny Altmann. I've listened to the first one and it was very good.

The host is Dr Funmi Okunola MD and it was an interesting conversation. Also plus for not having sound effects, no talking on music, actually no music whatsoever! And a calm conversation between the host and guest. :thumbsup:

alktipping, shak8, Trish and 4 others like this.
  6. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Listening to the second episode now where they also discuss ME in light of LC.

https://longcovidtheanswers.com/e2-pathophysiology-long-covid/

ETA: Link

Last edited: Jul 14, 2024 at 2:27 PM
    alktipping, oldtimer, shak8 and 2 others like this.