1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

“I must have contracted swine flu, bird flu or Ebola.”: How patients and general practitioners negotiate liminality during consultations, 2020, Bank

Discussion in 'Other psychosomatic news and research' started by Dolphin, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is available on a free site online https://www.academia.edu/44181445/B...gotiate_liminality_during_consultations_final , but you have to give an email address or login with Google or Facebook, so to save people doing that I am uploading it here as an attachment.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  2. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

For those people (like me) who don't know what liminality means :

Edit : I started reading the article, but even finding out what "liminal" means hasn't helped me to understand it.

3. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Was this flagged in your watchlist for citing this paper?
    Brown, B., Huszar, K., & Chapman, R. (2017). ‘Betwixt and between’; liminality in recovery stories from people with myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) or chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). Sociology of health & illness, 39(5), 696-710.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28239872/

alktipping likes this.
  4. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It came up in a basic Google Scholar alert I have for “ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome”. I thought there was a chance it might say something of interest.

alktipping and Snow Leopard like this.
  5. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

so patients are supposed to negotiate their diagnosis is that not the doctors job . do the test let the results tell you which infection you had although for cost reasons most just give you the diagnosis that is going around at the time you visit .

Arnie Pye likes this.