2023 December: Send $50 gift card to charity of your choice for free!! Do it today!

Discussion in 'Fundraising' started by Braganca, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Braganca

Braganca Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Ray Dalio and other celebrity friends are sponsoring $50 gift cards to the charity of your choice. Just input email here, and in about ten mins a gift card link will be sent to you. Search for the charity of your choice. I was able to get 8 friends to gift to Open Medicine Foundation, but MEAction I think are also listed. Great initiative, and kudos to Ray Dalio.

https://www.tisbest.org/rg/ray-dalio/

IMG_2808.jpeg

https://twitter.com/user/status/1735752903216812237

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
    Hutan, Kitty, rvallee and 8 others like this.
  2. Braganca

Hutan, Kitty, ahimsa and 5 others like this.
  3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Still working: I just got my voucher and donated

4. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

5. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for the alert :)

I just donated $50 to MEAction!

EDIT: I deleted some duplicate info that had already been included in the thread! :oops:

Hutan, Kitty, Dolphin and 3 others like this.
  6. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I managed to do it too, though the charity took some finding on the list!

My mistake—when I copied the charity's number, I included the "EIN:" as well as the digits. As soon as I deleted it, it came up. (I wouldn't recommend searching for it by name, as it's not listed under the short-form #MEAction handle.)

7. bobbler

bobbler Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Possibly James May and Kitty like this.
  8. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The link to use for a charity gift card is not on Twitter or Facebook, it's a link to the tisbest.org website. Here's the link from the first post in the thread:

https://www.tisbest.org/rg/ray-dalio/

Not sure whether there are any left by now but it's worth trying.

bobbler, Wonko, Kitty and 2 others like this.
  9. Kitty

I got sent another one of these earlier, and have donated it to MEAction again. The email from the foundation confused me because I'd forgotten all about it, thinking it was a one-off thing!

alktipping, Wonko and Trish like this.
  10. Braganca

The Ray Dalio one ended in December.. Are you sure you weren’t spammed?

Kitty and alktipping like this.
  11. Kitty

Pretty sure not. The email was from the same domain as the last one (I always check when something unexpected arrives), the link took me to the same website, the charity number you gave in post #2 above worked in the search box, the process of allocating the donation was the same, and I got an acknowledgement afterwards.

They haven't any information about me other than a disposable Gmail address and a made-up contact name, so it'd be a funny kind of scam. Here's a screenshot of the acknowledgement mail, with the email address redacted:

TisBest.png

Dolphin likes this.
  12. Braganca

That’s odd..
    The campaign that Ray Dalio ran only ran for 20,000 cards and they were all taken by Dec 16 or 17 I think.

Also, you had to go input your email to get one of the cards. So not sure what’s going on that you got another.. maybe an issue in their system. Hopefully the donation went through again though!

Kitty likes this.
  13. Kitty

Maybe the address got put on the TisBest mailing list when I did it last time, and they occasionally send out gift cards to a random selection of people? Though it did mention Ray Dalio again (see text from the offer email below), so I guess it's possible it somehow got duplicated from the December offer.

I've no idea, to be honest, but I'm quite happy to spend five minutes allocating them to the charity.

Offer email.png

Braganca, Dolphin and Wonko like this.