A woman, 28, was left bed-ridden after her leaking breast implants made her hair fall out in clumps

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Sly Saint, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Article:
    January 8th 2019
    "
    In brief
    • Emma Owen had breast enlargement surgery aged 19
    • But soon after the operation she felt fatigued
    • She suffered from pain, dizziness, hair loss and memory problems for nine years
    • After learning her implants were leaking she decided to have them out
    Emma Owen’s GP offered her a deal: he would refer her to see a hospital consultant, but if they couldn’t find anything wrong with her she should agree to see a psychiatrist.

“He had me down as a hypochondriac, or it was suggested it was all down to depression,” said the 28-year-old, who was suffering from an ever-growing list of unexplained symptoms including extreme fatigue, dizziness, and joint pain.

But the marketing manager knew the last nine years of feeling ill – she had been virtually bed-bound for the last two – wasn’t something that was all in her head.

Indeed, it was a relief when she was finally diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), also known as myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME), last September."

full article here:
    https://inews.co.uk/news/real-life/...dridden-toxic-leaking-removed-after-years-of/

2. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Jonathan Edwards Is this ethical? It feels wrong to me, somehow.

3. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

The pictures don't seem to fit the tone or subject of the article very well. 5 photographs (selfies - all labelled photo - Emma Owen) of her looking glamorous? Sipping a cocktail, in front of an expensive car, made up with a dog, on a balcony in an exotic location ...

chrisb and Invisible Woman like this.
  4. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Pity the NHS cannot sue the private clinic to recover the treatment costs arising from the transplant surgery.

Trish likes this.