Best chopping tool/food prep gadget?

Discussion in 'Home adaptations, mobility and personal care' started by Haveyoutriedyoga, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

Now why isn't this kind of practical advice on official health websites? :grumpy:

–––––

Some combination of sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot, potato, green bean, something green and leafy, and definitely sweet corn kernel, with a stock cube added, all mashed together. Yum. :)

Pureeing does have one down side. Often results in some version of murky green-brown-grey in colour. o_O

Some frozen foods taste better than 'fresh' too. Like sweet corn kernels. Also hold onto their nutrients better.

After more than a decade of excellent service from my current fridge (that I got second-hand too), it is nearing time for a new one. Whatever I end up with, it must have more freezer space. Might even get a separate chest freezer. :thumbsup:

I got my blender on sale (40% off). After a couple of weeks of blending it was clear it worked so well for me that I went back a got another one (coz still on sale) for a spare.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I recommend a freezer with drawers and/or shelves rather than a chest freezer. We had a chest freezer first and it was a nightmare to find things, stack them sensibly and lean down into to retrieve things.
    Now with a drawer freezer with each drawer labelled with the type of contents it's orderly and easy to find things.

Mij, Wits_End, bobbler and 3 others like this.
  3. oldtimer

oldtimer Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I very much agree.
    Uprights are more expensive but they are frost free. Chest freezers aren't.

bobbler and Sean like this.
  4. Sid

Sid Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I used to call my food slurries. It looked unappetising but better than ending up in hospital battling with them about tube feeding.

Wits_End, NelliePledge, Sean and 2 others like this.