Blog: Steve Topple, "Hi vis vests? Sunflower badges? Next, disabled people will have to wear black triangles."

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, Apr 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

https://mrtopple.com/2019/04/06/hi-...led-people-will-have-to-wear-black-triangles/

Samuel, TiredSam, alktipping and 5 others like this.
  2. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This article from Mr Topple is too long and covers too much stuff in one article.

I don't like how he's attacking Frances Ryan, a disabled journalist who over many months (years?) has been showing how things like ESA and PIP are making life difficult for disabled people. She's been great in her support of all disabled people, and has consistently reported on how current UK government policies impact on the lives of sick and disabled people.

Personally I thought the lanyards for invisible disability people was a good idea. If I ever used an airport I'd be happy to wear such a lanyard since I look fine but it alerts staff to the fact that I'm not fine. Bring them on for the railways too!

Maybe I'm just an old fogey.

TiredSam and Snowdrop like this.
  3. Unable

Unable Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I started to read this article, but got annoyed when he wrote against the Sunflower lanyards. I’ve used one a couple of times, and the system works brilliantly. I look totally healthy. Before the lanyards, I remember once asking could I short-cut one of those zig-zaggy lines for queuing and was told, absolutely not! Next time, wearing a lanyard, I was discretely ushered to a shorter queue without asking. It worked a treat. No fuss.

Anyway, I didn’t read more of the article.

TiredSam, Snowdrop and ladycatlover like this.