CFS part of the Finnish Lääkäripäivät 2018 conference

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Sly Saint, Esther12, Joh and 8 others like this.
  2. Helen

Helen Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks @Andy . I just have to highlight this from the translation as it made me happy on behalf of our Finish friends:

Objective: - to learn to recognize that chronic fatigue syndrome is a biological disease that can be cured but not cured for the time being - to find solutions to the CFS that cater to the medical community, the patient population and the health authorities - to discuss, on the basis of the panel, a national policy: a) identification of disease (primary health care; (b) concentrating medical expertise in units and specialties; d) granting the necessary social benefits (medical treatment, sick leave, pensions) (KELA)
    Target group: All chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) patients encounter and treat doctors

Valentijn, Esther12, Joh and 8 others like this.
  3. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm sure they mean treating doctors but i see it as doctors who hand out candy instead of diagnosing patients :woot:
    They should be known as CBT physicians, (Chocolate, Butterscotch & Tiramisu) :rofl:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  4. Allele

Allele Senior Member (Voting Rights)

sign me up, alvin :cake:

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  5. Alvin

Indeed, i suspect it will raise moods of ME/CFS patients better then psychiatric CBT :woot:
    Cake, now why didn't i think of that :bag:

Allele and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  6. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Unfortunately self medicating with sugar does work.

7. Allele

Allele Senior Member (Voting Rights)

FTFY ;)

8. Alvin

No need to self medicate if there is a medical discipline predicated on providing tasty treats :emoji_cake: :emoji_apple: :emoji_bacon: :emoji_pineapple: :emoji_strawberry: :emoji_kiwi: :emoji_birthday:

9. Joh

Joh Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for this post and all of your posts @Andy! I suggest the topics for the monthly ME/CFS Update of the German Association and therefore collect the most interesting ones every month and Science for ME is a goldmine. Just put the conference in Finland on the conference section of the topic list. :)

Since this thread already went off topic, I have to express my admiration for the Finish language: It's the funniest looking language I know. Lääkäripäivät, a word with 5 ä. :trophy@

Andy likes this.