Daily Maverick - Collusion to exclude Long Covid - the long history of energy limiting disability denial by insurance firms

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Kalliope, Jul 17, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
  2. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It’s good if the issue is highlighted. But like a lot of articles, it doesn’t explain the mechanism as to how having CBT and/or GET seen as safe and effective allows disability insurance companies turn down claims (saying patients need to try CBT and/or GET before they will pay) which then leads to some claimants giving up which saves insurance companies potentially a lot of money. I tried to do it in the first post in this thread:
    “How payments from insurance companies might potentially bias proponents of CBT and/or GET for ME/CFS (such as the PACE Trial investigators)”

https://www.s4me.info/threads/how-p...fs-such-as-the-pace-trial-investigators.8066/
    which includes a link to someone describing how Peter White did this to them:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
    Lou B Lou, RedFox, Kalliope and 4 others like this.
  4. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So, when I try the link, I find several other articles, but nothing related to the quote. Could someone direct me to the correct article? Thank you!!!
    :)

Kalliope likes this.
  5. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sean and DokaGirl like this.
  6. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Kalliope likes this.