1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Dr. Jose Montoya launches biobank for donors of brain and other tissues

Discussion in 'Recruitment into current ME/CFS research studies' started by MeSci, Oct 30, 2018.

1. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Source: Solve ME/CFS Initiative

Date: October 30, 2018

URL: http://solvecfs.org/archive

Dr. Jose Montoya launches biobank for donors of brain and other tissues
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Healthy volunteers as well as ME/CFS patients are eligible for enrollment

Dr. Jose Montoya has started the Stanford Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Initiative (ME/CFS) Biobank for those who wish to donate their brain and/or other tissues to the ME/CFS research program after their death. Dr. Montoya and his team are enrolling people in the registry who have been diagnosed with or suspect that they have ME/CFS, as well as healthy volunteers.

Intended donors should enroll in the research registry and provide contact information for themselves and their next-of-kin, as well as complete a comprehensive questionnaire about medical history and symptoms.

If you are interested in enrolling in the registry and becoming an intended donor or have any questions, please contact the research coordinator at (650) 723-8126.

ahimsa, andypants, Hutan and 9 others like this.
  2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is great! Hopefully there is some degree of coordination with the LSHTM biobank.

The link points to an archive of posts of SMCI. Is there a direct URL with information about the biobank?

3. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't know - I just posted what I received. Sorry.

4. Andy

Andy Committee Member

This is either very new news, or old news. My Google skills, which are normally fairly good, can find no recent links. Clicking through to the link in the original post above, there is nothing in the various documents there for the last 6 months that mentions a biobank at Stanford. As far as I can see, it's a bit of a mystery.

5. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

My guess is a draft page that got accidentally published before final/signed off

6. Andy

Andy Committee Member

It's new news.

Webpage, https://solvecfs.org/me-cfs-study-participants-needed-asap-for-five-different-stanford-studies/

Facebook post
    Code:
    https://www.facebook.com/SolveMECFSInitiative/posts/10155805242672108