Dynamed - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - guideline

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by ME/CFS Skeptic, Oct 13, 2024.

1. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

DynaMed is a clinical decision support resource from EBSCO. It provides evidence-based summaries of conditions with recommended actions. It has this guideline on 'Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' which was last updated on 11 December 2023.
    https://www.dynamed.com/condition/chronic-fatigue-syndrome#GUID-FC3EF2F4-1366-41F0-A6D5-B34EFCF15A9C

I can only see a snippet but it doesn't look very good. Even if done by humans, it looks very automated with little critical thinking involved, just repeating what reviews said and abstracts from individual studies.

2. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I read that as the damned chronic fatigue syndrome .

Peter Trewhitt and MEMarge like this.
  3. Nightsong

Nightsong Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, rather poor. The content on UpToDate (a similar service by Wolters Kluwer) is better.

ETA: I know some people have volunteered to go through 2-day CPETs, but it's a little alarming for this to be recommended as testing for PEM with no indication that the "symptom exacerbation" may be long-lasting:
    And these are the assessment scales it suggests:
    Given the increasing popularity of such tools it may be worth dedicating some advocacy efforts to trying to get these improved.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2024