1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

East Coast Doctors

Discussion in 'USA clinics and doctors' started by jpcv, Dec 25, 2017.

1. jpcv

jpcv Established Member (Voting Rights)

Hi folks, I'm planning to travel to USA to see some physician who has experience in treating patients with ME, probably in the first months of next year, the East Coast being the easiest place to go.
    Any sugestions of Doctors ? Susan Levine in NY or Nancy Klimas in Miami ?
    Anyone gere treating with them?
    Thank you.

2. Melanie

Melanie Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If either is one of the handful treating with Ampligen (only 100 patients in the US are allowed to be treated at any given time per the FDA and all out of pocket and I think there is a waiting list) or with specific antivirals, then either would probably be a good choice. Nancy Klimas will at least run tests as she is an immuno-clinician (or something like that and there are only a few in the country) where blood tests are run to reveal your overall immunological and Natural Killer Cell health. Nancy Klimas is featured in the film 'Unrest'.

merylg and jpcv like this.
  3. Denise

Denise Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It would probably be worthwhile to check to see if either have availability to see new patients. The timing of your trip might be impacted by that.

merylg, jpcv and Wonko like this.