High Dose Steroids

Discussion in 'Drug and supplement treatments' started by siobhanfirestone, Feb 19, 2024.

1. Sid

Sid Senior Member (Voting Rights)

By the way, rtx doesn't do anything for ME/CFS. There was a Phase 3 trial that showed no effect and huge placebo response.

2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Another point maybe worth making is that prednisolone doses above 25mg daily produce a very significant high and sense of well being even if you weren't feeling unwell in the first place (as is the case for things like transplant conditioning). When the dose comes down there is a corresponding low.

ukxmrv, alktipping, FMMM1 and 5 others like this.
  3. siobhanfirestone

siobhanfirestone Established Member (Voting Rights)

luckily my actual doctors disagree, and thats why ive been able to find things that help.
    I am uncertain about this long term, its likely I will end up doing chemo either at home or in India anyway, at this point its damage limitation

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  4. siobhanfirestone

yes ive been made aware of this, its again a reasoning for the short/intense approach
    if this doesnt work i have a choice of medium level steroids for a long time Vs something else, i will have a long think because whilst steroids are amazing, i dont want to mess with it long term

MeSci and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  5. siobhanfirestone

ive read the paper, cyloc makes more sense tbh but im scared

6. FMMM1

FMMM1 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Wow, that's really interesting & would explain why they have been liberally dosed out by the irresponsible!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
  7. siobhanfirestone

i bailed on this to do cylco due to my concerns with the limited data, sorry gang

8. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I found that the high wore off after about 3-4 weeks of Pred at 25 mg per day. I returned to my 'normal' level of ME functioning. It was very nice while it lasted.

One side effect I enjoyed was that I lost a lot of water or swelling ? in my body. Rather than the moon face reported in the side effects list I could see the bones again in my face and body. The loss was evident within the first week. That nevers happens with dieting or during the good times when I could exercise a little more.