Holistic or harmful? Examining socio-structural factors in biopsychosocial model of chronic illness,‘MUS’& disability, 2022, Hunt

Discussion in 'Other psychosomatic news and research' started by Sly Saint, Jul 25, 2022.

1. Robert 1973

Robert 1973 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

He partly answered this himself in that interview in on The Life Scientific (the one where he claimed that nobody liked people with ME/CFS):
    A “stroke of luck” for SW. A hammer blow for people with ME/CFS.

Full transcript of interview: https://meassociation.org.uk/2017/0...life-scientific-bbc-radio-4-13-february-2017/

I can’t find the S4ME thread on the interview but I’m sure it was discussed.

Meanwhile, welcome to the forum @Josefina. I’ve not been able to contribute much for a while but great to have you here unmasked.

Annie, Michelle, Sean and 8 others like this.
  2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Basically: "here, wing it". It's absurd how casually it's admitted that psychiatry is a dumping ground for medicine, and yet everyone pretends otherwise. And of course this is because there is no accountability. If there were accountability this practice would end quickly. But making psychiatry accountable would end the dumping practice, which would reveal the massive negligence.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2022
  3. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)