1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Interview with Dharam Ablashi: On the discovery of Human Herpes Virus 6 (HHV6) and its involvement in chronic inflammatory disease

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research news' started by Hoopoe, Jul 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Dr Ablashi is one of the discoverers of human herpesvirus 6.

http://microbeminded.com/2020/06/28...-involvement-in-chronic-inflammatory-disease/

Anna H, Mij, Natalie and 20 others like this.
  2. Tilly

Tilly Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have two cups of coffee already and still cant sit still we so need so much more of this.

rvallee likes this.
  3. janice

janice Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I find this v v interesting. I did an M.Sc project ~10 years ago now looking at betaherpes viral loads in brain tissue using RT qPCR. I only found HHV6A but I didn’t get results published cos due to ME I didn’t get to finish and had to crash out with diploma.

From what I learnt and have followed since, there is gently building interest in the latent virus’ immune modulatory effects. Plus with modern techniques along side the old “wet lab” type stuff ,advances in systems biology, big data sets in the omics, etc, etc , it’s all building up to some very interesting ideas around.

HHV6 Foundation and Dr Ablashi and Dr Prusty are all amazing and very impressive I feel.