Issue of Autonomic Neuroscience dedicated to POTS

Discussion in 'Orthostatic intolerance treatments' started by Andy, Dec 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Includes an article co-written by Julia Newton.

All articles open access for 12 months.
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/autonomic-neuroscience/vol/215/suppl/C

ETA: Taken out reference to open access editorial, the only open access part is the list of board members.

ETA2: All articles now open access.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  2. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Is that editorial really open access? All I seem to have access to is the list of names of the board. :(

A pity the whole journal isn't open access so that patients - thousands of desperate patients who are stuck with guiding their own diagnosis and treatment - can see what's being said.

ladycatlover, MEMarge and Amw66 like this.
  3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Sorry, I didn't check the link they give and my brain must have only taken in the editorial part, you are seeing as much as I can see. I'll amend my original post to make it clearer.

ladycatlover, MEMarge and Sasha like this.
  4. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I am doubtful that we are missing much. Each article has a visible abstract giving the gist. Papers recommend exercise and psychotherapy and drugs that have not been formally tested. Most of the material looks like waffle. There also seems to be a lot of confusion about whether POTS is the phenomenon of postural tachycardia or some vague concept of a 'multi system disease' that might cause the tachycardia, except that it seems that it is though to be multifactorial.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2018
  5. Andy

Andy Committee Member

All articles open access for next 12 months now.

cyclamen, ScottTriGuy, voner and 3 others like this.