1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Issue of Autonomic Neuroscience dedicated to POTS

Discussion in 'Orthostatic intolerance treatments' started by Andy, Dec 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Includes an article co-written by Julia Newton.

All articles open access for 12 months.
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/autonomic-neuroscience/vol/215/suppl/C

ETA: Taken out reference to open access editorial, the only open access part is the list of board members.

ETA2: All articles now open access.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  2. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Is that editorial really open access? All I seem to have access to is the list of names of the board. :(

A pity the whole journal isn't open access so that patients - thousands of desperate patients who are stuck with guiding their own diagnosis and treatment - can see what's being said.

ladycatlover, MEMarge and Amw66 like this.
  3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Sorry, I didn't check the link they give and my brain must have only taken in the editorial part, you are seeing as much as I can see. I'll amend my original post to make it clearer.

ladycatlover, MEMarge and Sasha like this.
  4. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I am doubtful that we are missing much. Each article has a visible abstract giving the gist. Papers recommend exercise and psychotherapy and drugs that have not been formally tested. Most of the material looks like waffle. There also seems to be a lot of confusion about whether POTS is the phenomenon of postural tachycardia or some vague concept of a 'multi system disease' that might cause the tachycardia, except that it seems that it is though to be multifactorial.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2018
  5. Andy

Andy Committee Member

All articles open access for next 12 months now.

cyclamen, ScottTriGuy, voner and 3 others like this.