Open John Hopkins Long Covid Study (Survey; Open Worldwide)

Discussion in 'Recruitment into current ME/CFS research studies' started by Yann04, May 21, 2024.

1. Yann04

Yann04 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just completed this John Hopkins long covid study survey.

I think it’s worth filling out if you can manage: https://covid-long.com/

should take 10-30 min.

Peter Trewhitt, EndME and alktipping like this.
  2. Yann04

Peter Trewhitt, alktipping and Trish like this.
  3. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm having trouble getting onto the survey site. The 'I'm not a robot' keeps throwing me out and the alternative isn't liking me either.
    Will try again tomorrow......but if it's the site that has problems, please let me know.

Peter Trewhitt, alktipping and Yann04 like this.
  4. EndME

EndME Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I had no problems accessing the survey after completing the "I am not a robot" phase. Took me slightly longer than 30 mins.

Unfortunately, the survey is very bland. As such I don't expect it to be able to pick up anything of relevance. Better surveys had already been conducted by other organisations more than 3 years ago. It seems to be rather focused on psychiatric symptoms whilst neurocognitve symptoms or PEM receive little or no recognition at all. Similary exhaustion and fatigue seem to be automatically attributed to a lack of sleep, whilst the role of reinfection is not studied at all.

Still makes sense to participate for me simply because I hope John Hopkins receives a lot of responses and that could be fruitful sign.

Last edited: May 21, 2024
  5. Binkie4

Thanks @EndME. I will try again when I am able to.

EndME and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  6. Yann04

Yeah. I made sure to complain about the fact the survey felt like it was desgined for people who were just mildly disabled from Long Covid ie. having questions assuming I could still do some types of exertion.

I also made sure to complain about the fact PEM was not included. But I think it’s these kind of responses from us that might make the authors realise what they missed out on and mention it in the study:keep it in mind for next time around.

NelliePledge, EndME, Binkie4 and 2 others like this.
  7. Binkie4

I'm having major problems getting onto the survey. After multiple attempts I seemed to have satisfied visual challenge but I never reached the survey. Will try a hard reset and then retry the survey when able.

Peter Trewhitt and Yann04 like this.
  8. Yann04

Maybe try a different browser/try removing add blocker?

It did take some time to load for me and seemed a bit clunky.

Worked on safari mobile for me though. @Binkie4

Peter Trewhitt and Binkie4 like this.