1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

ME/CFS Discovery Research Network (MDRN) - Australian research collaborative

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research news' started by Simone, Dec 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Simone

Simone Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Some news from the recently formed ME/CFS Discovery Research Network (MDRN), a group of Australian researchers collaborating on ME/CFS, about their upcoming research workshop. This group includes members of Melbourne Bioanalytics: Chris Armstrong, Neil McGregor and Don Lewis. I’ll post an update after the workshop on Saturday.

Research Workshop 2018
    ME/CFS Discovery Research Network (MDRN)

Organisers: Dr. Sarah J. Annesley (La Trobe University), Mr. Jim Chambers, Prof. Paul Fisher (La Trobe University).

“The MDRN is a network of collaborating researchers established early in 2018 to formalise existing collaborations amongst ME/CFS researchers at five Australian universities (La Trobe University, University of Melbourne, Monash University, Victoria University and the ANU). All of the MDRN researchers are working in collaboration with others in the network and with the CFS Discovery Clinic of Dr. Don Lewis. Research outcomes are reviewed by the Clinic for their possible value in clinical practice. MDRN researchers enjoy collaborative links with multiple international researchers in the field and have collectively published 60 biomedical research papers on diverse aspects of ME/CFS.

The first MDRN research workshop will take place at La Trobe University on Saturday, 8 December 2018. This is a closed workshop that will bring together all MDRN researchers to present their research and discuss current and future collaborative research directions. After the workshop the MDRN will report back to the ME/CFS community with non-confidential, significant highlights.”

Sing, Sean, Lidia and 14 others like this.
  2. Andy

Andy Committee Member

I'd imagine that item 1 on the agenda is probably how to stop NCNED/Griffiths from hoovering up all the money.

Ron, Hutan, hixxy and 10 others like this.
  3. Sunshine3

Sunshine3 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. Simone

Simone Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Aroa, Sean, Andy and 5 others like this.
  5. wigglethemouse

wigglethemouse Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This wet my appetite
    What did he just find!!!!!! Can't wait to hear more - hopefully at the Emerge Conference coming up very soon!

I keep always thinking about this from September....
    https://twitter.com/user/status/1045094319068069889

Simone, Mij, rvallee and 8 others like this.
  6. Sunshine3

Sunshine3 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Can't wait to hear some news from Emerge Conference.. Anyone know who will be providing such news...

Hutan likes this.
  7. Andy

Andy Committee Member