#MEAction: Medical Education on PEM & Pacing

Discussion in 'Training courses' started by Sly Saint, Sep 26, 2024.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

#MEAction and Patient-led Research Collaborative have created a four-part video series focusing on post-exertional malaise and pacing. Each video includes an interview with an expert conducted by Chimére L. Sweeney, a Long COVID author, speaker, filmmaker, and writer. We are thankful for the experts that gave their time to this project including Dr. Brayden Yellman, Dr Katherine Rowe, Dr. Todd Davenport (PT), and Brittany Spencer (LCPC).

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhO4nWkiP5QT7UwpByIztcJAjbdSU7SJD

bobbler, Kitty, alktipping and 2 others like this.
  2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. Yann04

Yann04 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Except for perhaps overstating the CPET findings, and leaving out some symptoms/details for extremely severe (unable to communicate) type patients, the series looked rather good. I think I’ll share it to a medical professionals group.

5. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The summary slide has a lot of unsubstantiated stuff on it and some stuff that looks wrong. The definition I don't recognise. CPET is not a measure of PEM etc.

I wish people would stick to what we have evidence for.

TiredSam, Trish, alktipping and 3 others like this.
  6. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'd only include the first and last points as actually accurate. And the last one would have to lose the bullet-points—restorative breaks? The entire case definition of ME/CFS is underpinned by an absence of restoration.