Minor thing: Weinman and Petrie asked for their quote to be removed from Marks's PACE special edition editorial

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic news - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Esther12, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1359105317749100

New on-line version: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1359105317722370

Removed section:

Joel, Woolie, Viola and 12 others like this.
  2. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

And this is what honest mistakes and corrections look like.

Over to you, PACEophiles...

3. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I was confused by the title - could the apostrophe be moved from 'Mark's' so that it reads 'Marks'' or 'Marks's'? I thought it related to our Mark!

4. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Interesting. So they feel uncomfortable with their statement of adamantly denying a COI. I wonder why that might be? It feels like they sense some writing is on the wall. Well I shall not be crossing it out from my hard-paper copy.

5. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It seemed odd to me too. Maybe a long series of complaints were made, and this was the only one that was thought to warrant a response?

6. guest001

guest001 Guest

Whilst at the same time drawing more attention to their connections with Atlantis.

JemPD, Samuel, Trish and 5 others like this.
  7. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks!

Luther Blissett, Esther12 and Barry like this.
  8. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Quite so. Whilst at the same time drawing attention to the likelihood they are not so convinced they had no COI, and/or maybe that Atlantis has had an involvement with CFS patients?

9. Woolie

Woolie Senior Member

I actually didn't think their connections with Atlantis were in fact relevant (I checked it out and the work they were doing there was genuinely not related imo).

Doesn't mean I think any better of their piece (which was poor and deeply harmful to PwMEs). I just agree with them on that one specific point.

Esther12, Solstice, Andy and 3 others like this.