Miscellany

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Deleted member 3253, Dec 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. A few items from the last couple of weeks that probably don't deserve their own threads:

1) This is an excellent article from the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung - if you speak German, it's a really good read. The main link is paywalled, but someone's posted the full text here as well.

2) A small Japanese firm has registered a patent for "a processed product of Japanese horseradish" to be used in the treatment of ME.

3) There was a small news article in Australia's Gold Coast Bulletin about the Griffith group's TRPM3 research, in which the lead researcher is quoted as saying that "one hundred per cent of patients have a TRPM3 dysfunction" (attached clip).

4) This abstract appeared on the research portal of my old alma mater. The paper is embargoed until 2022; perhaps it's research associated with a PhD thesis. GDF15 (Growth/Differentiation Factor 15) is a protein in the TGF-beta family of regulatory proteins, and, from my cursory review of the literature, appears to be elevated in a wide variety of conditions from hyperthyroidism to psychosis to mitochondrial disease.

Attached Files:

Hutan, boolybooly, andypants and 5 others like this.