1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

My family of MEEPS and thoughts on COVID long-haulers

Discussion in 'Epidemics (including Covid-19, not Long Covid)' started by Helene, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Interesting – I tried pasting the link into a private browsing window in Safari, and got this:

Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 00.27.40.png

Then repeated exactly the same process (literally pasting the same copied link into a new window), and it worked. Too brain-fogged to think about why, but it's worth trying it more than once!

2. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Yes I get the paywall as well.

Louie41 and Kitty like this.
  3. Helene

Helene Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm sorry it's not working for you. If you have the energy can you please try a two finger click (or right click) on the link in my original post and then click on "Open Link in Incognito Window" and see if that works for you?

4. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just tried that; the article loads momentarily, and then is replaced by the sign-in screen.

Pressing 'reader view' on Safari (which often gets around article sign-ins, especially those where there is no payment required) results in a screen showing the title of the article but no text.

I think it's probably only because I have visited before. Using a different browser takes me straight to the full article.

Louie41, alktipping, Helene and 2 others like this.
  5. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

True. Probably straddles acquaintance as much as friend.

Louie41, Kitty and alktipping like this.
  6. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Oh I just meant a hypothetical role that ICanCME or its technical staff could fill, if only the expertise were recognized along with the link between ME and Long Covid. Right now nobody knows enough to know where to start, this is something that could be helped enormously if ME/CFS researchers played a larger role here, at least on the PVFS aspect.

But only if there ever is a coordinated effort. So far it seems to be mostly small grants with not much in the way of actual leadership.

7. dreampop

dreampop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I hope you feel more welcome to comment and enjoy the forums.

Louie41 and MEMarge like this.
  8. adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

'Peeps' is from 'people'. E.g., 'Hello my peeps!' means 'Hello my people (as in friends, colleagues, peers, etc)!' MEeps or MEEPS would be ME + peeps.

Louie41, ahimsa, MEMarge and 3 others like this.
  9. Helene

So in case anyone is interested and able to watch, here's the video of my daughter, Nadine Sander-Green's interview with Solve M.E. yesterday. She talks about our family's journey with ME and the importance of storytelling in raising awareness of our historically neglected illness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2ejXfDuSWE

Edited to make link show in post

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  10. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

@Helene, you must be very proud of your daughter. Nadine is an impressive woman, she spoke well on the interview. I hope the birth of your grandchild is a joyous time for you all.

cfsandmore, Ebb Tide, Anna H and 3 others like this.
  11. Helene

Thank you so much for your kind comment & good wishes @Hutan! I'll pass this on to Nadine.

12. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I thought peeps was just short for "people". :bag: