1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

NATURE News Article: Long-COVID treatments: why the world is still waiting, 2022, Ledford

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by Mij, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

That seems a pretty good article on the current state on treatment trials around the world for Long Covid.

A short excerpt:

Good to see also argument against GET.

Sean, livinglighter, Lindberg and 8 others like this.
  3. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A lesson clearly not learned from the AIDS crisis. Like all the others. Imagine if AIDS research had been blocked on the basis that they didn't know the answer that only research can give. I mean it's pretty easy to imagine, it's literally what happened until a massive political movement funded by millions and many other factors forced the issue. And the basis for HIV denial, those first few years of jerking around doing nothing only serve to feed liars and the lies they tell.

I'm really tired with the defeatist attitude I see all over the place. So much whining about how they don't have all the answers that years of hard work would yield and that means there's no point even starting. Talk about being neurotic, gloomy, catastrophizing, etc. So much projection.

The lottery-based model of just waiting for someone to come up with the first clue is awful, seems to have given unrealistic expectations that hard work is not needed to get at it, that trying isn't worth the trouble. This era is long gone, all the easy clues have been found, the rest needs hard, sustained work.

livinglighter, Oni, Lindberg and 6 others like this.