1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

NHS Post-Covid Syndrome resources

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Sly Saint, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough

https://www.cpft.nhs.uk/post-covid-syndrome-resources/

Post-Covid: Fatigue
    https://www.cpft.nhs.uk/post-covid-fatigue

(could have been taken straight out of an ME pacing leaflet)

RedFox, Peter Trewhitt, Sean and 2 others like this.
  2. livinglighter

livinglighter Senior Member (Voting Rights)

According to the LC clinic, they are using ME material.

3. BrightCandle

BrightCandle Senior Member (Voting Rights)

They still can't help putting unproven psychology on the page though

Also is brain fog really "fatigue", its not its another symptom. No mention of PEM the accepted term or really any other symptoms to do with Long Covid and how PEM makes them all worse, its another reductive "its fatigue" advice which ends up being utterly wrong as a result.

Then there is thus lovely little dig, given sleep disturbance is a problem caused by Covid the idea that people can just get a good nights sleep is absurd. More Psychology.

The people they are talking to are very much more capable than most as well, household chores that are nonessential like ironing?! Vacuuming.

Outside activities!!!

They really don't seem to get the condition at all and are pushing a lot of the BPS nonsense as well. There are a lot of issues beyond this I have with this document beyond the massive minimising its doing of the severity of the condition for many.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  4. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I guess they're not yet aware that nearly all patients know this before they see them. They are "teaching" things that patients came up with and healthcare systems rejected. To patients who know those things before they ever see them because they are shared in the patient community, still the only source of good information so far.

Professional services need to do professional grade stuff. We don't need professionals to do amateur stuff, that stuff is already done.

But, hey, at least they're not completely wrong. Progress, at the slowest pace possible in this universe. Even though they confuse the hell out of patients by adding conflicting stuff.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022