Online workshop: Clinical Trial Platform Studies and Lessons for ME/CFS research, 6th June 2024

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

"Please join us for this online discussion about the Octopus multi-arm, multi-stage treatment trial for multiple sclerosis and lessons for clinical research in ME/CFS particularly for drug repurposing studies.

This is the second in a series of online workshops on clinical research in ME/CFS. The workshops are connected with the Research Working Group set up by the UK Clinical Research Collaboration. The workshops aim to raise the profile of ME/CFS clinical research, increase collaboration, attract new researchers and formulate research priorities in this area of huge unmet need."

More details at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/clinic...ssons-for-mecfs-research-tickets-877436745927

RedFox, Kitty, Peter Trewhitt and 5 others like this.
  2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Further to the information below, people can send in questions whether or not they are attending, and the organisers will try to get the speakers to address any questions sent in. It is hoped that the workshops will be recorded. If so, the recordings will be made available online.

Kind regards
    Helen Baxter
    25% ME Group

3. Dolphin

The UK ME Association have done a post that ties together the information on the various workshops
    -----------------

Research: Working together to find answers to ME/CFS!
    May 8, 2024

A series of online workshops are running this summer for researchers, health professionals and people with ME, with the aim to raise the profile of ME/CFS clinical research, increase collaboration, attract new researchers and formulate research priorities.

https://meassociation.org.uk/2024/05/research-working-together-to-find-answers-to-me-cfs/

Peter Trewhitt, Sean and Kitty like this.
  4. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Given the discussion on the thread about the MEA-funded clinical assessment tool, the session on clinical trial design might be an opportunity to submit some questions:

Peter Trewhitt, Sean and Trish like this.
  5. Dolphin

Peter Trewhitt and Trish like this.