1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Covid-19 syndrome associated with orthostatic cerebral hypoperfusion syndrome, small fiber neuropathy and benefit of immunotherapy, 2020, Novak

Discussion in 'Long Covid research' started by Andy, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Post COVID-19 syndrome associated with orthostatic cerebral hypoperfusion syndrome, small fiber neuropathy and benefit of immunotherapy: a case report
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7502253/

2. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I thought this was interesting because it appears that I'm slowly losing the rise in heart rate characteristic of POTS while retaining all other symptoms.

Kitty, Trish and adambeyoncelowe like this.
  3. duncan

duncan Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"...both OCHOS/SFN were attributed to Post Treatment Lyme disease Syndrome of presumed autoimmune etiology." Presumed? Is that how they do medicine?

"Patient recovered on symptomatic therapy." Bets?

"COVID-19 triggered exacerbation of OCHOS/SFN..." Oh, so the patient hadn't fully recovered,

"This case suggests that post COVID-19 syndrome may present as an autoimmune OCHOS/SFN..." Does it?

Mithriel, Alton and Kitty like this.
  4. Mithriel

Mithriel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I was on a facebook group for people monitoring their heart rate. I discovered I was not alone in the pattern I found.

I have POTS where my HR can go up to 150 or more by sitting in my wheelchair but when I am feeling particularly bad my heart rate actually falls and I feel worse if anything. I believe that my body just does not have the energy available to get my heart to work faster. Since POTS is not just the heart rate that is affected other symptoms can stay the bad.

It looks as if my dysautonomia is better but in fact it is much worse. Unfortunately this happened when I saw a cardiologist and he decided I did not have POTS at all though he did not know much about it anyway.

lunarainbows likes this.