Open Research study on activity patterns and autonomic dysfunction, Stony Brook Medicine

Discussion in 'Recruitment into current ME/CFS research studies' started by Wyva, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I saw this in a SolveME Facebook post:

Study Alert: Our friends at Stony Brook Medicine are looking for volunteers to participate in a research study on activity patterns and autonomic dysfunction, specifically males who have #MECFS. The 15-day home-based study will involve doing two 6-min walks at home, wearing an activity + heart monitor, and filling our web diary symptom questionnaires.
    Participants will be paid up to $100. To learn more, call 631-638-0056 or email cfsresearchlab@gmail.com

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  2. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I wonder why they want men to participate?

Michelle, Louie41, alktipping and 4 others like this.
  3. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The link to the Facebook post was not working when I looked.

I did a search and found this on clinicaltrials.gov - I think it's the same study?

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02948556
    Study uses Fukuda criteria.

I also found this "companion study"

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03331419

I am NOT great at reading comprehension when it comes to medical research and I may have made a mistake - but I thought I'd pass on these links, just in case.

Hutan, Wyva, Michelle and 1 other person like this.
  4. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The post was shared again (after the original one disappeared) but this time with a different email address, so I updated my post!

ahimsa, Hutan and Peter Trewhitt like this.