1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Screening starting for PWME & healthy, inactive controls for Cornell (Hanson) NIH collaborative work - CA & NY

Discussion in 'Recruitment into current ME/CFS research studies' started by Sasha, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

http://neuroimmune.cornell.edu/news/

This is Maureen Hanson's team.

I hope people can pile in to this - the sooner we volunteer and fill these studies, the sooner we get results. I wish there was stuff here in the UK I could volunteer for!

2. MarcNotMark

MarcNotMark Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The biggest problem might be to find enough "healthy inactive controls", how can they be activated to take part in the studies.:unsure:

Hutan, TiredSam, Tia and 4 others like this.
  3. LoKee

LoKee Established Member

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a response when you volunteer?

I called and left a message (rare real-time word-salad for me:)) in mid-July, followed up several days later via email, but have not heard back. I didn't want to be a pest (figured they're probably quite busy), so I haven't further followed up yet.

I've been anticipating being a volunteer for years, as soon Cornell got the funding. But never having volunteered for an "in person" study (as opposed to online or phone questionnaires), I have no idea what to expect as far as a timeline. Anyone with insight into stuff like this?

Hutan, ukxmrv, Inara and 2 others like this.
  4. Andy

Andy Committee Member

5. Andy

Andy Committee Member

6. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Is anyone applying? I can't afford to travel to either Ithaca or Los Angeles.