1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Facilitation of Clinical and Therapeutic Discoveries in ME/CFS and Related Diseases: A Protocol.., 2022, Ramiller et al

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research news' started by Sly Saint, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The Facilitation of Clinical and Therapeutic Discoveries in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Related Diseases: A Protocol for the You + ME Registry Research Platform.

Abstract
    ME/CFS (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) is a chronic, complex, heterogeneous disease that affects millions and lacks both diagnostics and treatments. Big data, or the collection of vast quantities of data that can be mined for information, has transformed the understanding of many complex illnesses like cancer and multiple sclerosis, by dissecting heterogeneity, identifying subtypes, and enabling the development of personalized treatments. It is possible that big data can reveal the same for ME/CFS.
    To describe the protocol for the You + ME Registry, present preliminary results related to participant enrollment and satisfaction, and discuss the limitations of the registry as well as next steps.
    Solve M.E. developed and launched the You + ME Registry to collect longitudinal health data from people with ME/CFS, people with Long COVID (LC) and control volunteers using rigorous protocols designed to harmonize with other groups collecting data from similar groups of people.
    The Registry now has over 4,200 geographically-diverse participants (3,033 people with ME/CFS, 833 post-COVID, and 473 control volunteers) with an average of 72 new people registered every week. It has qualified as "great" using a Net Promotor Score, indicating registrants are likely to recommend to a friend. Analyses of collected data are currently underway and preliminary findings are expected in the near future.
    The Registry is an invaluable resource because it integrates with a symptom tracking app, as well as a biorepository, to provide a robust and rich dataset that is available to qualified researchers. Accordingly, it facilitates collaboration that may ultimately uncover causes and help accelerate the development of therapies.

https://www.lifescience.net/publications/36616/the-facilitation-of-clinical-and-therapeutic-disco/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2022
    RedFox, ahimsa, boolybooly and 2 others like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Hutan likes this.