1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tonix Pharmaceuticals begins subject enrolment in migraine therapy trial

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Sly Saint, Feb 7, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The trial will assess the safety and efficacy of TNX-1900 given prophylactically daily for preventing chronic migraines.
    https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/news/tonix-migraine-therapy-trial/

2. Simon M

Simon M Senior Member (Voting Rights)

. I think phase 2 is the earliest stage of trial. It’s another drug targeting CGRP, but what makes it interesting is that it directly targets the brain. All the monoclonal antibodies target CGRP in the rest of the body because they cannot cross the blood brain barrier ( but they can bind to the nerve in the body, so they could influence the nerve in the brain, which is presumably what they do).

Plus, it’s a different approach for the roughly 50% of people who don’t respond well to monoclonal antibodies.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  3. boolybooly

boolybooly Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It sounds less dangerous than taking E (but not much).

I have seen quite a lot of reports of people getting chronic migraines recently.

It makes me wonder if there is something causing this. I have no idea what that might be but would hypothesise either a chemical we are using unwittingly or a pathogen which is being immunoevasive and doing the rounds as a subclinical pandemic, leading to some people getting chronic migraine.

Peter Trewhitt likes this.