Transient Receptor Potential Ion Channels in the Etiology and Pathomechanism of CFS/ME, 2018, Marshall-Gradisnik et al

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Andy, May 23, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Open access at http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=84678

2. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So basically just another rehash of previous research? I wonder when they're gonna publish something new after hoovering up every last cent of funding in Australia a couple of years ago.

andypants and adambeyoncelowe like this.
  3. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

It describes itself as a review of the possible roles of the stuff they talk about in ME.

I was hoping they might actually be presenting new data here to support their theories, but as @hixxy says, it presents hypotheses, not data.
    I don't have sufficient knowledge to say whether it contributes anything new.

I also notice it was published only a month after the journal received it, which suggests super quick peer review (if any). I thought papers took many months in the process normally. Maybe reviews like this get less scrutiny because they don't claim to have found anything new.

@Jonathan Edwards, can you help here. Does this say anything new or useful in your opinion?

andypants, merylg, Wonko and 3 others like this.