UK Dr Anna Chellamuthu, GP and Lightning Process practitioner, and her article in a GP journal

Discussion in 'UK clinics and doctors' started by Andy, Mar 3, 2022.

1. FMMM1

FMMM1 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Peter Trewhitt and livinglighter like this.
  2. FMMM1

FMMM1 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Is a "GP Specialty Doctor in Oncology" not an oxymoron?

Yes, she might make the trust's financial figures look good (cancer drugs can be very expensive) but, based on her statements above, not some you'd instinctively trust!

3. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Dr. Anna's website states:

"Think creatively about how you could raise the funds, some people have used fundraising such as ‘crowdfunding’ in the past. It may not be as impossible as you think!"​

So recovery is possible if you think positively and payment is possible if you think creatively.

4. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The Lightning Process Package costs 650 pounds per person, the website says. It mostly consists of "Three consecutive half-day training (3-5 hours per day) these are usually held in small groups of 3-5 people."

So if you take 3 persons per group, then an LP coach can make 650 pounds a day by giving these courses?

5. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm all for a slightly different/older version of this approach.

I will write down the amount of money needed, not just for LP but for transportation, a carer, and the month long hotel stay afterwards before I am well enough to travel again.

This I will do, and put the piece of paper in my sock draw.

When the money, inevitably, comes through my letterbox, having been provided by the universe, I will then look again at LP.

But...if it doesn't turn up, then I won't.

All seems like a perfectly simple plan to me.

Bound to work, as everyone, and everything, in the universe will obviously be perfectly fine with contributing to help someone fleece someone they have never met.

ETA - okay, rough back of fag packet calculation, without a fag packet, suggests that a figure of £100-150k would be needed. 24 hour care (i.e. 3 people as seemingly not allowed to work people 24/7) and it appears that people who will stay in a hotel room and do anything asked cost well north of £1K a day each. On top of which they've all got to be fed and watered, as it seems well north of £1K a day isn't enough for them to pay for food.

Mounts up, but I'm sure the universe will provide, once it's saved up a bit.

(gotta love google)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
  6. livinglighter

livinglighter Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Perhaps they also aim to spin the false narrative to bring NICE’s reputation under disrepute for not abandoning the guideline as requested.

I recall the FOI saying something like keeping the guideline would risk its credibility.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
  7. bobbler

bobbler Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Wow, she is really into Multi-level-marketing type territory now. I don't know how someone doing this and acting this way should not, is not struck off. It is parasitic and preying on the vulnerable as far as I can see given she clearly knows many might be both broke and isolated (with such articles and misinformation contributing to this situation).

8. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't know how the rules work these days but I would certainly think the GMC should be concerned about doctors behaving like this.

I gather Phil Parker had complaints previously - I don't know if anyone remembers the details?

9. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Nauseating

10. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Yes Charles Shepherd on behalf of MEAssociation complained to the Advertising Standards Authority about his claims of LP being a cure and he had to change his website wording.

https://www.s4me.info/threads/new-r...ertising-standards-authority.1031/#post-17490

added link for info

11. Jonathan Edwards

I found EzzieD's post on Encounters with Doctors:thumbsup:

12. bobbler

bobbler Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I can't think of a more inappropriate age to out your own daughter. 15 is old enough that it affects all sorts of prospects, friendships, access to things and potentially bias from teachers or other figures she will come across. It is also old enough to expect to own your own voice and not have someone else telling 'who you are, what your experience is, and how things affected you'. This is treating someone like an object that you own frankly. She would/should be mightily aware of the consequences given that the misinformation she is spreading doesn't, she well knows, mean that people say 'did you do the lightening process and recover? well then you are different and don't get the same stigma'

And yes they always sound made up and not inputted to by free will by any patient as a general rule.

If you took out this lady's job and inserted the product as aloe vera make up or tupperware selling it feels like it would be identical to some other schemes I've seen, except I'm not sure I've seen them breaching a guideline and suggesting it is a load of rubbish - that is obviously special standing only those in positions of responsibility are allowed to do? And that is a problem - it is quite, quite astounding someone can do this and hold their license still. Hard sell or what. It doesn't even meet advertising standards due to the misinformation, pretending it is OK to breach all possible rules on this under some veil of free speech then using your job title to make it not just a ranty rant... it is the weirdest subversion of laws certainly in spirit and intention.

How on earth these areas are allowed to claim no side effects when the very unique aspect of their niche is that they don't, for some reason, have to actually monitor or ask for these. CMA and ASA should get on the case for this sector about that one, just because you choose not to look for any of them, nevermind being on surveillance for the unanticipated harms through a reporting scheme certainly doesn't mean you can claim they don't exis.

13. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

?

ladycatlover and alktipping like this.
  14. Suffolkres

Suffolkres Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So she subjected her 8 year old to this...... 3-5 hours a day! As a teacher of vulnerable children with complex medical needs I am appalled! - It's child abuse no less.

15. Jonathan Edwards

It gives sources for the Phil Parker ASA complaints (page 7 of the thread)

16. Jonathan Edwards

I have mentioned the website to the editor of the journal. He emailed me asking to speak on the phone but my hearing does not make that realistic so I suggested he emailed his thoughts. Nothing so far.

17. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Isn't her use of her status as a GP on her commercial site problematic in some way? Or if not, I feel it should be, as I feel that there is an argument to be made that she is using her status as a GP ("Dr Anna") to sell the Lightning Process.

18. Jonathan Edwards

As I say, I don't know the rules, but sure it is very problematic.
    As is including a bit on Christians with a lady priest and the mention of the daughter's illness.

I actually worry that this lady has a sort of 'Dr Munchhausen syndrome'.
    She may need help before she causes a lot of harm. But I don't see much chance of that.

I worry about her cancer patients and I mentioned that to the editor.

19. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A win (I think) for Jo Edwards here ( @Jonathan Edwards ):

https://bjgplife.com/mar22

20. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

That is very good news. I hope the editor will be more careful in future.