Uplifts and hassles are related to worsening in chronic fatigue syndrome A prospective study, 2023, Friedberg et al

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Andy, May 20, 2023.

Tags:
  1. RedFox

RedFox Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A local park had so many ducks people complained about it. They were probably fed up with seeing poop everywhere. So they killed some of them. Pretty sad.

Ash, shak8, DokaGirl and 4 others like this.
  2. Shadrach Loom

Shadrach Loom Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Culling is a fairly standard aspect of wildlife management, though. I’ve eaten too many ducks to feel guilty if some of them make the ultimate sacrifice for the good of the park.

Hutan, shak8, DokaGirl and 4 others like this.
  3. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Surely, as the ducks are content and it's just some people who are not happy about that, in order to increase the contentedness in the park it'd make much more sense to cull the unhappy people.

It'd also be more profitable as dead ducks generate zero to negative income for the local council, but dead people..... generate £3000 - £6000 each for local businesses.

Cull the people, y'know it makes more sense.

obeat, Ash, EzzieD and 7 others like this.
  4. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

5. Ash

Ash Senior Member (Voting Rights)

What about how these researchers have been intimately involved in robbing us of our “Uplifts” their own definition, and the salary related type since so many of us have also been denied employment by the debilitating symptoms that THEY are telling everyone it’s dangerous to even consider alleviating for us, lest we turn around and ask for even more of this “apparently” highly addictive ‘MedicalCare’ (TM) drug we’d all “apparently” go absolutely fucking wild for at first sniff, if not for a strict policy of containment, and “reliable” “screening” :blackeye: ….

Huh?
    I want my “Uplifts” all of them what have you done with them!!! :arghh:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2023
    Sean, Peter Trewhitt and Simbindi like this.
  6. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This study seems to be an exercise in measuring improvement or worsening of the illness in terms of uplifts and hassles, and then arguing that maybe it's the uplifts and hassles that are causing an alteration in illness severity.

Uplifts and hassles can be just about anything: https://unit3and4psychology.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/hassles_and_uplifts_scale.pdf

Even things closely related to chronic illness like concerns about one's health and physical abilities can be counted as hassles. No surprise there is a correlation between changes in illness severity and these things. :rolleyes:

Sean, SNT Gatchaman, Hutan and 10 others like this.