Use of EEfRT in the NIH study: Deep phenotyping of PI-ME/CFS, 2024, Walitt et al

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Andy, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Keela Too

Keela Too Senior Member (Voting Rights)

cfsandmore, Ebb Tide, Sean and 14 others like this.
  2. andrewkq

andrewkq Established Member (Voting Rights)

Quick update about the letter: We sent it to Walitt and Nath yesterday and asked them to have their response back within two weeks. Once they've responded we will discuss if any revisions are needed in light of their response and then submit the manuscript to Nature Communications. So it will be at least another 2-3 weeks until it is officially submitted, but could be longer. Let me know if you have any questions.

3. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Thanks to you and all concerned. Will you be publishing the letter and response here or elsewhere?

Sean, Laurie P, bobbler and 4 others like this.
  4. andrewkq

andrewkq Established Member (Voting Rights)

We are hoping it will be accepted by Nature Communications as a Matters Arising article and that Walitt and Nath will also publish a formal reply in the journal. If the Nature Communications editor rejects the letter then I think we will publish it on a preprint server so that it can be cited. I'll definitely post the link here as soon as it is publicly available.

Medfeb, Chris, cfsandmore and 21 others like this.
  5. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

Thank you for doing this, @andrewkq, et al. This one is important to robustly critique.

Yep.

cfsandmore, bobbler, rvallee and 6 others like this.
  6. Sid

Sid Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks to everyone involved in this important project. I’m sure they’ve been reading this thread so the arguments will probably come as no surprise. It will be interesting to see what they come up with. I hope it’s an actual response and not more of the same “you should be grateful and stop criticising us, peasants” tone they’ve taken in their public talks.

Binkie4, cfsandmore, bobbler and 12 others like this.
  7. Nitro802

Nitro802 Established Member (Voting Rights)

I’m trying to document the evolution of how NIH is defining’effort preference’ and their findings. From the study, to their FAQ and email responses to now Brian’s comments at the Invest ME conference seemingly downplaying it even more.

I recall a comment on this thread or the other stating I believe in response to the NIH website FAQ or maybe email responses saying the appropriate place to define and explain these things is in the paper itself.

If anyone can easily recall this post and could link to it I would appreciate.

I searched for “needs” and “in the paper” and could not find it. Unfortunately I only have access to a phone not a computer for the next 10 days.

I have a very hard time searching this forum. The search bar always says my search term is too short. The only way I’ve found is to export thread, and then use control F to search for words.

8. Andy

Andy Committee Member

In case it helps, in Google, you can enter

site:s4me.info <your search term>

and it will search publicly viewable threads here for that term. I don't know if this works in any other search engine but would be surprised if it didn't.

SNT Gatchaman, Trish, bobbler and 2 others like this.