1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of Sufficient Potassium

Discussion in 'Vitamin B12, D and other deficiencies' started by joycemartino, Apr 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. joycemartino

joycemartino New Member

I don't deal with CFS but Fibro and advancing OA issues, hip replacement damage so OA is a lot worse after this surgery.

A friend who deals with CFS put me on the Potassium and it's possible deficiency in our bodies...The RDA for adults is 4700mg+ daily. We don't get near that much with foods...

She takes 200mg potassium gluconate 3-4 times daily and the best foods with potassium, this helps the ME she deals with.

I take extra potassium daily and realized this morning I was more fatigued when I woke up, didn't take the 200mg I often take at bedtime....So I believe I hit on something here...

I've had labs done and always come in at lower end of range. So....this could be a big key to more energy for so many. Do your research of course.

Arnie Pye, Amw66, Sarah94 and 4 others like this.
  2. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Potassium also affects magnesium. It seems to help absorption , so it may be a double effect.

3. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

osteo arthritis

5. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Ah ok couldn’t work it out

Trish likes this.