Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide--a game-changer?

Discussion in 'Drug and supplement treatments' started by Allele, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Allele

Allele Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I do have a co-Dx of CIRS, so this may not apply to all here. I have had several terrible exposures to mold, which is a known symptom-exacerbator for me.

It's early days, as I've only been taking it for ten days, but the initial response is so positive!
    I had three days of feeling Wow! and then three days of feeling like there was a strong viral reactivation (fluey, burning skin, burning spine, headache, IBS-D etc.) By yesterday I felt so much better that I waaaay overdid, and so today am in full PEM. Besides the foolish housecleaning bonanza I went on yesterday, I have been otherwise sticking to resting and pacing; but the urge to use some of the wave of new-found energy was too strong to resist. I haven't felt like that for ages.

So it doesn't appear to address whatever causes PEM, but it does bring a big uptick in natural non-jittery energy, brain function etc. In reading about all its mechanisms of action, it does seem like a perfect Tx for me.

I have been wanting to try VIP for many years, on the advice of one of my doctors, but she warned there was no point at all while I was still living in a moldy environment, as it wouldn't work. It has taken me years --YEARS--to find suitable housing and get myself to it. Everything is so much harder with M.E.

I am really hoping this is a game-changer for me, as I have been deteriorating these last few years in a scary way. Even if it's not a panacea, addressing a chunk of what's wrong is a welcome thing.

Are others taking it, or have tried it? Share your experience here, I'd love to hear.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/vasoactive-intestinal-peptide

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Starlight, Ash, Indigophoton and 5 others like this.
  2. ola_cohn

ola_cohn Established Member (Voting Rights)

Hi Allele,

I'm interested in your vip story! Do you have any updates?

Cheers,
    Ola

3. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum @ola_cohn. Sadly, we haven't seen @Allele on the forum for a while now.

NelliePledge and Trish like this.
  4. ola_cohn

ola_cohn Established Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for letting me know that @Hutan.