1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide--a game-changer?

Discussion in 'Drug and supplement treatments' started by Allele, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Allele

Allele Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I do have a co-Dx of CIRS, so this may not apply to all here. I have had several terrible exposures to mold, which is a known symptom-exacerbator for me.

It's early days, as I've only been taking it for ten days, but the initial response is so positive!
    I had three days of feeling Wow! and then three days of feeling like there was a strong viral reactivation (fluey, burning skin, burning spine, headache, IBS-D etc.) By yesterday I felt so much better that I waaaay overdid, and so today am in full PEM. Besides the foolish housecleaning bonanza I went on yesterday, I have been otherwise sticking to resting and pacing; but the urge to use some of the wave of new-found energy was too strong to resist. I haven't felt like that for ages.

So it doesn't appear to address whatever causes PEM, but it does bring a big uptick in natural non-jittery energy, brain function etc. In reading about all its mechanisms of action, it does seem like a perfect Tx for me.

I have been wanting to try VIP for many years, on the advice of one of my doctors, but she warned there was no point at all while I was still living in a moldy environment, as it wouldn't work. It has taken me years --YEARS--to find suitable housing and get myself to it. Everything is so much harder with M.E.

I am really hoping this is a game-changer for me, as I have been deteriorating these last few years in a scary way. Even if it's not a panacea, addressing a chunk of what's wrong is a welcome thing.

Are others taking it, or have tried it? Share your experience here, I'd love to hear.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/vasoactive-intestinal-peptide

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Starlight, Ash, Indigophoton and 5 others like this.
  2. ola_cohn

ola_cohn Established Member (Voting Rights)

Hi Allele,

I'm interested in your vip story! Do you have any updates?

Cheers,
    Ola

3. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum @ola_cohn. Sadly, we haven't seen @Allele on the forum for a while now.

NelliePledge and Trish like this.
  4. ola_cohn

ola_cohn Established Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for letting me know that @Hutan.