1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Webinar 2022: Learn about M.E: M.E./CFS & Social care - Dr Nina Muirhead

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Sly Saint, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"This webinar was hosted on Thursday 17th March 2022. The session was hosted by Dr Nina Muirhead, who is a Specialty Doctor in Dermatology Surgery in the NHS. Nina became unwell with ME in 2016 and has used her experience to work in partnership to create a CPD module in M.E./CFS for GPs and allied health professionals. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63MXLuJML1c

2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I have watched the first 25 minutes where Nina Muirhead goes through the information about ME/CFS that providers of social care to people with ME/CFS need to know in order to provide appropriate care. I was particularly pleased to see the emphasis on PEM and that the current 'reablement' fashion in care services is not appropriate for pwME, and will make us sicker. Also sensory sensitivities, fluctuating symptoms, delayed PEM etc were all useful points.

I think the video needs some attention - it frequently stopped for a second or two, which made it hard to watch, and there were times when they were getting organised or pausing to wait for questions that could be edited out to make it more professional.

Binkie4, alktipping, Amw66 and 10 others like this.