Webinar: Workwell Foundation, "ME/CFS Activity Management through Heart Rate Monitoring", March 4th at 12:00pm PST

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

From a Workwell email.

Workwell is pleased to announce the first webinar of our VIP series. Each webinar will provide access to the latest research and clinical information available from our team of experts. Access is limited to 20 participants to provide a small group setting to promote discussion. A 30-minute presentation followed by a question-and-answer session will provide exclusive access to our professional team. Participants will receive curated materials created especially for this hot topic webinar. When you sign up for this webinar you will receive:
    • An early access fact sheet on activity management and HR monitoring
    • The opportunity to send questions in advance to our team of experts.
    • A copy of the presentation
    • The opportunity to suggest upcoming webinar topics.

Cost: $45
    Date: March 4th at 12:00pm PST

Register at https://workwellfoundation.wedid.it/events/641

ahimsa, Michelle, Yessica and 9 others like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

It seems a great pity to me that such a potentially valuable offer is limited to 20 people and has to be paid for. I guess it's sort of like a group treatment session, so in that sense payment makes more sense. It's not clear whether it's intended for patients or clinicians. Quite a money spinner $900 income for a half hour presentation followed by a Q&A.

Oh well. I guess they have already published their findings and some webinars anyway.

Alton, MEMarge, cfsandmore and 4 others like this.
  3. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Trish, my sentiments exactly!

ETA: At 20 people per session, it gets the word out very slowly. Yes, they already have publications etc., but some may prefer the webinar format, but not be able to participate for various reasons.

MEMarge and Mij like this.
  4. Andy

Andy Committee Member

I know no more than what I have posted above but I would guess that Workwell, like many research groups in the ME field, struggle for funding. And without funding, obviously they can't work in the ME field, and if there is more plentiful and easier to obtain funding in other fields, they may well need to move into those other fields.

From memory they had a fundraising campaign over the festive period which didn't come close to it's target, so possibly this might be a way for them to continue their work while bringing much needed funds in. And, yes, $900 for 30-45min seems like a money spinner but what about all the time that they aren't being paid for but they keep working and educating?

So, to sum up, given the circumstances that they, like all researchers, have to work in, then I can understand why they might be doing this kind of thing.

Mithriel, Kirsten, Michelle and 10 others like this.
  5. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Fair points. I hope clinicians sign up for it.

6. wigglethemouse

wigglethemouse Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This was posted in December regarding Workwell's normal income stream.
    https://twitter.com/user/status/1339622879252471809