What can be done to combat CFS/ME?

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by John Mac, Jun 24, 2024.

1. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A perfect example of garbage in, garbage out.
    An AI generated response.

Insight from top 4 papers
    To combat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalitis (CFS/ME), a multi-faceted approach is recommended. Research suggests that a concentrated intervention program involving education, cognitive therapy, mindfulness, physical activity, and writing sessions within a cognitive behavioral therapy framework can lead to significant and sustained clinical improvements for CFS/ME patients [2]. Additionally, nutritional interventions like nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide hydride (NADH), probiotics, and high cocoa polyphenol rich chocolate have shown some promise in alleviating fatigue in CFS/ME patients [3].
    Furthermore, personalized pacing programs, counseling, and rehabilitation therapy, along with the proper administration of nutritional supplements for patients with deficiencies, are recommended to manage symptoms and improve daily functioning [4].
    It is crucial to approach CFS/ME holistically, considering both physical and psychological aspects, and to ensure that rehabilitative treatments like cognitive behavior therapy and graded exercise therapy are delivered by trained professionals in collaboration with patients for optimal outcomes [1] [5].

https://typeset.io/questions/what-can-be-done-to-combat-cfs-me-2wnvf2rlno

2. Yann04

Yann04 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I asked a chatgpt the same question but trying once with CFS/ME and once with ME/CFS.

It only recommended GET when asking with CFS/ME and not ME/CFS.

3. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That's interesting...

Million dollar question, though: did it suggest the writing sessions within a cognitive behavioural therapy framework? The ones that lead to significant and sustained improvements?

(I assume they don't involve writing sweary posts describing exactly where cognitive behaviourists can shove their frameworks, as the benefit's only ever been temporary for me.)

boolybooly, Hutan, alktipping and 6 others like this.
  4. Yann04

Yann04 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Extracts relevant to your question:

With CFS/ME in prompt:

With ME/CFS in prompt:

boolybooly, Hutan, alktipping and 4 others like this.
  5. Creekside

Creekside Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Chocolate makes my ME symptoms worse. :(

boolybooly, Hutan, alktipping and 3 others like this.
  6. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

:hug:

boolybooly, Kitty, Hutan and 2 others like this.