[BBC] GcMAF: Unlicensed HIV drug 'nearly killed patient' (Noakes pleads guilty)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Milo, Nov 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hip

Hip Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Milo I have not spent any time looking into the GcMAF cancer research, so have not formed my own opinion on that side of it. I posted those two above links, the first negative and the second with a more positive tone, just to see other's opinions on its potential anti-cancer effects. Though I expect the cancer cure claims are greatly overhyped.

However, it's really an entirely separate consideration whether GcMAF is useful for ME/CFS. There are anecdotes of efficacy on the ME/CFS forums. But with GcMAF manufacturers being closed down, we are not likely to see a clinical trial, nor even much further anecdotal evidence accumulating.

I wanted to try to the Goleic GcMAF, after reading this account of a severe ME/CFS patient being permanently cured after 1 year on Goleic. However, that manufacturer has now unfortunately gone as well.

erin and Kafka like this.
  2. Russell Fleming

Russell Fleming Senior Member (Voting Rights)

BBC One Show last night carried a feature on the prosection of David Noakes and his co-accused (which included his ex-wife apparently).

We put together a blog that I updated yesterday evening. According to the BBC he received 15 months jail-time but I expect we'll hear more in the news later today:

3. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you @Russell Fleming

4. Russell Fleming

Russell Fleming Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Alvin, Kafka, ladycatlover and 2 others like this.
  5. Annamaria

Annamaria Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hip likes this.