1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blog: A Journey Through The Fog: "How the World Became More Accessible During the Covid-19 Pandemic"

Discussion in 'General disability topics and advocacy' started by Andy, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

https://www.ajourneythroughthefog.co.uk/2021/04/how-the-world-more-accessible-covid-19-pandemic/

"Over the past year through the lockdowns and many restrictions, while healthy non-disabled people have often felt isolated, lonely and frustrated, many of us who are disabled and chronically ill have felt more connected to the outside world than we have in years.

It’s been over a year now since the first Covid-19 lockdown. I have written before about how the changes put in place to accommodate these restrictions made the world more accessible to me – so much I had previously been excluded from became available online.

But as lockdown restrictions ease and things start to return to ‘normal’ I am concerned these accessibility changes will be removed, and we, in the disabled community will once again be excluded and forgotten.

This post serves the purpose of highlighting exactly how these accessibility changes positively impacted our lives, and why we need them to stay post-Covid."

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2021