1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Caught up in Care: Crafting Moral Subjects of Chronic Fatigue, Risor and Lillevoll, 2021

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Andy, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

'Something joyful at 3 o'clock'. That made me laugh, @Mithriel. I agree about the timetabling nonsense. The OT from our local ME/CFS clinic when I last saw her about 10 years ago was very keen on activity diaries and forward planning. I impressed her most when I typed up and printed off a schedule for myself and showed it to her. I stuck to it for half an hour, then it went in the bin.

EzzieD, Woolie, alktipping and 11 others like this.
  2. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yep. Not really getting the concept of a fluctuating condition there are they?

If you could just write up a nice timetable and keep to it, there wouldn't be a problem, now would there?

It's like sleep hygiene for a condition where there is underlying issues with sleep. Expecting sleep hygiene routines to magically solve the problem shows an impressive level of stupidity.

It literally equates to telling a diabetic that if they practise eating sugar it'll fix the problem. Preferably munching those cubes on a timetable.

:banghead:

Mithriel, EzzieD, Willow and 12 others like this.