1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Cardiovascular Disease: JACC State-of-the-Art Review, 2021, Natelson et al

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Andy, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sadly, that is what happens for a vast majority of all hypothyroid patients, as far as I'm aware. It is quite common for people with hypothyroidism to get a thyroid function test done because the doctor orders it, the patient tells the doctor they feel fine, but when the results come through the doctor tells the patient their TSH is too low and they must reduce their Levo dose. This turns a person who feels well into a person who feels dreadful. This is what the modern guidelines for thyroid disease allegedly tell GPs they must do.

RedFox, Simbindi, Michelle and 4 others like this.
  2. tuha

tuha Established Member (Voting Rights)

Ok, now I understand what you mean. I dont do high intensity because then I dont feel good.
    But maybe what is interesting and I think it´s applicable in the majority of ME/CFS patients - Before I got ME/CFS I was professional footballer. I was lucky and for the first 8 years of my sickness I could do everything except sport just I was more and more exhausted and then I crashed.
    My ME/CFS started with a pneumonie, after 1 weak I wanted to start my football trainings again but I felt very bad after each training. I saw that there is something wrong with my cardio system. They checked completly my heart and they didnt find anything wrong, just that the reactions on intensity was somehow strange. They didnt understand it. I had to stop to play football because it was impossible to follow the trainings. And in this case you cannot explain it with deconditioning just after one weak break. And I felt bad already with slow running so it didnt have to be high intensity training.
    I think it would be interesting to check the patients who just developed ME/CFS and I am sure that we would see immediately those cardio problems and this couldnt be explain by deconditioning.

obeat, NelliePledge, Ariel and 12 others like this.
  3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)