Compilation of best and/or most read ME articles in 2019

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Kalliope, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thought it might be nice to have a list of the best and/or biggest ME articles of 2019 in main stream media.

Here's a start.

Medscape Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: It's Real, and We Can Do Better - By Elizabeth Unger - February 2019

Stanford Medicine Biomarker for chronic fatigue syndrome identified - April 2019

Medscape New Findings Elucidate Potentially Treatable Aspects of ME/CFS - by Miriam Tucker - April 2019

CNN He pioneered technology that fueled the Human Genome Project. Now his greatest challenge is curing his own son - by Ryan Prior - May 2019

BBC Patients Accused of Exaggerating Illness in Children - 5 Live Investigates - May 2019

Die Welt "Sport ist das Schlimmste, was man Patienten empfehlen kann" (Sport is the worst thing to recommend to a patient) - by Caroline Ring - May 2019

Mail Online Blamed for wasting doctor's time, branded attention-seekers and told their ailments doesn't even exist: Three ME patients reveal the accusations they have endured during their battle with the crippling condition - by Stephen Matthews and Sam Blanchard - May 2019

JAMA Advances in Understanding the Pathophysiology of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - by Anthony L. Komaroff - July 2019

The New Yorker A Town For People With Chronic-Fatigue Syndrome - by Mike Mariani - September 2019

STAT - BMJ should retract flawed research paper on chronic fatigue syndrome - by David Tuller - December 2019

Do you miss any articles? Please share suggestions, and I'll add them to the list. Maybe some even made it to a list of most read article of the year in the newspaper/journal?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Michelle, Hutan, Gigi300 and 18 others like this.
  2. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Where you planning to repeat this for 2020 @Kalliope ? No pressure, just curious.

Kalliope likes this.
  4. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes I was, then I was unsure due to brain fog, but now you inspired me, @Andy, so let's do another round! Would be great with a compilation of published research papers as well, if anyone would like to have a go.

I saw this tweet by The Scientist yesterday. Great to see articles about ME continue to reach a broad audience!
    https://twitter.com/user/status/1344048044766081027

ahimsa, andypants, Michelle and 7 others like this.