David Tuller: Trial By Error: FITNET-NHS Recruitment Ad Promotes ''Recovery''

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Kalliope, Aug 20, 2018.

1. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Weird, I keep hearing about those silent, oppressed people who "recovered". Surely they will flock to praise their experience.

Tilly, inox, Sean and 7 others like this.
  2. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Well I suppose any favourable comments might be deemed as promoting the treatment and introducing bias..... and of course they wouldn't dream of doing that;)

MEMarge, rvallee and Sean like this.
  3. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Crawley is using the 6 month FITNET results to justify those figures, though that trial's result were unusual, and showed no significant difference between groups at long-term follow up.

JaneL, rvallee and NelliePledge like this.
  5. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have concerns re recruitment.

Gps presenting info like this to families for direct recruitment to trial ( how many gps can diagnose accurately?)

Families not knowing that they did not have to participate.

@Tilly may have more knowledge.

MEMarge, JaneL, rvallee and 2 others like this.
  6. Tilly

Tilly Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There are a lot of concerns about this. Portraying it as a treatment before it has gone through a trial should have been picked up well before now; goodness knows I have tried. I wrote a blog here about the impact of such a trial

http://tillymoments.blogspot.com/2018/08/familycourts-and-family-law-in-england.html

This is the link https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3049137/#__sec6title

But I took a snippet of the protocol which is on PDF I think online which is the main problem of the whole thing
    upload_2019-5-23_15-34-44.png

children are being asked to go on the research trial, even the GPs are asking them to go on the trial. Mary Jane Willows helped to get it through the Ethics committee.
    upload_2019-5-23_15-36-28.png