Deadline midnight tonight: Review into "Duty of Candour" on gov.uk

Discussion in 'General Advocacy Discussions' started by bobbler, May 29, 2024.

1. bobbler

bobbler Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Duty of candour review - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Flagged on social media, I'm posting now because the deadline is tonight at midnight, sorry if I haven't had time to read and work out a good description (and not much idea myself without doing so).

Those who know about duty of candour might want to take a look as it might be doable in time?

How to respond
    This call for evidence closes at 11.59pm on 29 May 2024. You can respond by completing the online survey. DHSC will review all of the feedback that we receive. This will help to inform the outcome of our review which we will be publishing this year.

If you are experiencing any technical difficulties accessing the survey please contact dutyofcandourreview@dhsc.gov.uk.

An easy read version of this call for evidence will be made available shortly.

Call for evidence questions
    Please provide us with your feedback (including examples of good and poor practice where appropriate) in relation to any or all of the below questions.

There are then 12 questions listed

an example of which is:

EzzieD, Wonko, alktipping and 3 others like this.
  2. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Interesting. I either hadn't heard about it, or forgot about it in the face of the never-ending tide of crap that's been swamping us all.

At least anyone wanting to respond can hopefully invent some technical difficulties. :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Knowing the state of some of its online ME/CFS resources, I do wonder if anyone's actually told the NHS yet about its supposed duty of candour.

EzzieD, Wonko, alktipping and 2 others like this.
  3. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm surprised that there is actually some rule about this and that people pretend like it's being enforced.

It's definitely not being enforced. Anywhere. It's actually a pretty sick joke to pretend.

But it would be a great idea. IMO it's necessary as a minimum for health care to be viable. Maybe one day, but it'll take a while. The current model of health care simply doesn't allow it.

EzzieD, Amw66, Peter Trewhitt and 4 others like this.