1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Donate 2-20% of your everyday shopping to ME/CFS non-profits or to yourself! (Benefit Mobile)

Discussion in 'Fundraising' started by Clara, May 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Clara

Clara Established Member (Voting Rights)

Continuing the momentum after May 12 and in honor of ME/CFS Awareness Month, let's help our researchers and non-profits do their work!

Download the Benefit Mobile app (http://benefit-mobile.com) and use it at checkout for your everyday shopping, in-store and online, to support ME/CFS non-profits. Each purchase earns between 2% - 20% of the transaction total which is sent to the cause of your choosing.

Participating retailers include Amazon, Whole Foods Market, Safeway, Starbucks, CVS, Target, Walmart, and many many more... most common places you can shop and eat in the U.S.

Currently, you can select Open Medicine Foundation, Solve ME/CFS Initiative, or Simmaron Research to receive the rebates.

Or, you can even select yourself to receive the rebates to save some money!

Feedback and ideas about fundraising are always appreciated.

Esther12, Dolphin, Squeezy and 5 others like this.
  2. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is a great idea, but are there similar options for non Americans who have these same chains?

Dolphin, Clara and Invisible Woman like this.
  3. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Here, in the UK, you can sign up for amazon smile. You then access you amazon account via amazon smile and checkout in the normal way. I haven't checked the full list of who you can donate to but Invest in ME is one of them.

4. Alvin

Cool, i'm in Canada though but good to know Europe has an option as well. I don't know much about Invest in ME, are they legitimate?

5. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yep! They started and run the London conference every year. They are research oriented.

Here's a link:
    http://www.investinme.org/landerP5.shtml

6. Clara

Did you try setting up the Benefit app already? I didn't find any information on their Web site about which countries their payment system accepts.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  7. Alvin

I had looked into the amazon.ca one a while back and it didn't have OMF, thats about how far i went last year sometime i think

8. Clara

I contacted Benefit support and they said it is only available in the U.S. But I'll keep my eye out for programs that are available globally.

The eScrip program (http://escrip.com) I mentioned in the other fundraising thread has on Online Mall with an even larger catalog of retailers. Their Web site says the Online Mall is available in North America.

9. Clara

For those in the U.K.

I came across this Web site and app similar to Benefit that looks pretty awesome.

https://easyfundraising.org.uk/

Very informative Web site and you can earn on big items such as car and home insurance, TV, mobile, etc. Though it looks like ME nonprofits would need to be registered and someone would probably have to volunteer to manage the account.

I'm still on the lookout for something similar which would allow people to earn money for nonprofits outside of their own countries.

10. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

11. ringding

ringding Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The ME Association, Invest in ME and ME Research UK are all listed as options.
    Thank you for posting the link. I had seen the logo on the ME Association webpage but hadn't investigated further.

rvallee likes this.